Based in Stirling, Vialii Gardens is one of Central Scotland’s premier garden designers and landscape contractors with an unrivalled reputation for building high quality domestic gardens and providing first class customer service. We have ambitious plans to grow our business and now require a suitably experienced Head Garden Landscaper to lead one of our teams.
The successful applicant must have a minimum of three years experience in all aspects of landscaping including:
Laying natural stone patios and paths
Constructing decking using hard and soft woods as well as composites
Creating water features
Complex timber work including pergolas, raised beds, storage, gates etc
Wide range of fence styles
Ability to build a garden from a design drawing
A full clean driving licence is essential.
The successful candidate will have an eye for attention to detail, good people skills, horticultural knowledge and must be well organised.
A competitive salary and pension is offered for this position.
The objectives of the job are to:
· Ensure that landscape jobs run efficiently, on time and completed under budget
· Ensure that quality is maintained to a high standard
· Ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained to a high standard
The team leader is responsible for 1-2 team members.
The team leader will also be expected to liaise closely with suppliers, designers, clients, sub contractors and company directors.
The key result areas are:
· Jobs completed to the high standards set
· Jobs coming in under budget
· Jobs completed in time
· Increased customer satisfaction
The key tasks are:
· To meet and exceed client requirements
· To build gardens to the highest of standards
· To manage the project from start to completion
· To keep the job organised.
· To manage staff and improve their effectiveness
· To monitor and implement Health and Safety policy as appropriate
· To identify training needs
· To liaise with customers, suppliers and sub contractors
· To motivate and enthuse employees
· Participate in the planning, development and subsequent managing of new projects
· Liaise with the directors about progress of works.
· Work closely with the designer of the current project.
· Assist the owners to maintain or improve net profit
· Ensure the experience for the client is easy, stress free and friendly throughout the project.
· To improve efficiency by reviewing procedures and implementing new methods of working
· Ensure the teams tools, vehicle and workspace is always kept clean and tidy
The core skills / knowledge required for this position are:
· Plant knowledge
· Extensive hard landscaping knowledge
· Customer care
· Attention to detail
To apply please visit our advert on Indeed.